Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Big Box

So the bad thing about working retail is not the actual job but the people. Seriously I don’t like people to begin with, basically because most people are just dumb. For instance I work in a big box store, I spend most of my time perfecting ways to avoid people, customers mostly.

Once this lady walked round and round looking at the purses. Then she spots me (I ducked behind the shirt rack a minute to late) and asks;

Purse Lady: ‘Are there any orange purses?’
I hoped that my look said it all but then added;
Me: ‘Those are all the purses we have.’
PL: ‘Do you have any orange ones?’
Me: (giving and exaggerated look,) ‘Those are all the purses we have.’
PL: ‘Do you have any in the back?’
Me: (Seriously) ‘Those are all the purses we have.’
PL: ‘Um, ok.’

That’s totally how it went. I mean what was she truly expecting? ‘Oh yes since you asked me twice and all, we have some special orange ones in the back, that we save just for times like these.’

No comments: