Thursday, August 16, 2007

Working Nine to Five

Yeah right. It’s more like working 8:05 to 4:25. I’m an over qualified secretary. By choice thank you very much. I got skills and a masters degree to back um up. Thing is I work to live not live to work. Currently I hold a position that allows my to work ten months then kick it during the summer.

Not gonna go into great detail about my j-o-b. People have been fired for going there, and me likes getting paid. But I’ll explain a few thangs that um rub me the wrong way.

Meetings – what a huge freakn waste of time. Some people live for that crap. Agendas, snacks, presentations, and worst of all when they include a get to know you ice breaker, seriously.

Training – or should I say lack thereof. Being a military trained secretary I believe in being prepared and standard operating procedures. For instance newbie secretary(ns) and old secretary(os), os goes to lunch leaving ns to holding the fort. In comes consultant needing forms, ns looks but can’t find them with other forms tells consultant to come back. Os returns, and knows exactly where to get the form in her own files. Ummm, what. Why am I here?

People – People annoy me. Yeah, I said it. Nobody would believe that anyway cuz I know how to turn ‘it’ on. The professional work me is not the real me. How boring would that be? A lot (not all, I’m not that much of a bitch) of the people I work with, I would not associate with if we didn’t work together, they annoy me.

The thing about work is until I hit the lottery it’s a necessary evil. I’ve given up marrying rich that’s harder than an 8 to 5. So work has it’s pet peeves but that’s a good thing. It guarantees that I will not be one of those win the lottery and still work people. Yeah whatever, as soon as I win, peace out! A girl can dream.

No comments: