Monday, August 20, 2007

Are we dating?

Last winter I joined a social club since I was new to the area. Last Tuesday we had a membership drive at a local tavern. With all the free beer I was feeling pretty darn social. This guy introduces himself and starts chatting me up, let’s call him Sped. I’m still newly single and I am really enjoying the freedom to flirt with any and everyone. Nevertheless, I run into Sped Thursday evening while I’m wanting for some friends at a concert. We chat and exchange numbers and he asked me out for the next night. Great.

Friday we went out and had a really great time. I met his friends and he met some of mine. Saturday I had plans to go and torture my liver; the parts I remember were really fun. Sped called Sunday morning, we talked through my hangover and then met for a movie that afternoon. Oh did I mention he asked me to go out of town for a weekend trip. I, of course luvs me a good trip so I said ok.

Then Monday came. My body became possessed by an alter ego, that just wanted to hide out but couldn’t. I suffered through a painfully long week, work was draining due in part to my sore throat and the fact that I ‘learning’ on the job. Poor Sped took the brunt of my coolness. But really I was avoiding everybody like the plague.

I survived the week, barely. My doctor put me on antibiotics and I prescribed myself a weekend at the lake. Feeling better and Sped still would like to see me tonight. This in theory would be like our third date. Does that mean we’re dating?

No comments: